Friday, January 10, 2014

Greetings!

Welcome to my blog on social media, ecommerce and internet communications!
In this space I will explore topics related to social media, new media communications platforms, and ecommerce strategies.  The opportunity to write regularly and share my thoughts with a wide audience intrigues me. This is not my first blog, however.
For several years I posted regularly on my blog “Leading from the Left.”  I was one of the first elected officials in NC to utilize blogs (and other social media, for that matter!) to connect with constituents. The experience was extraordinary for me personally and professionally.
At the time blogging as an elected official was relatively new – older mentors warned me against it. Its power quickly became apparent, however, and I used the blog to go ‘over the heads’ of the traditional media to communicate directly with my audience. “Leading from the Left” provided an avenue to explore topical subjects, share thoughts on complex ideas, communicate with a wide audience, and extend my influence as a subject matter expert. I explored topics on my own terms and in greater detail than I had been able to previously in newspaper articles and opinion pieces.
When I decided not to run for reelection to the Orange County (NC) Board of Commissioners, I stopped blogging. Though I now post regularly on Facebook and have learned to power of that platform, I still miss blogging.
In addition to this blog, I’m creating a blog for my house. Yes, that’s right my house! I will shortly be placing my house on the market and will be selling it myself. I’ll market it via Craigslist, Facebook, Twitter and via a blog. Link to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment