Adobe Connect is a godsend for groups that work or live at a
distance from one another but need to present complex information in a meeting
setting. Here’s out it works:
·
The participants and presenter access the
meeting via a link provided by the meeting host.
·
There are two presentation option and either
works brilliantly:
o
Upload his/her presentation document to Adobe
o
Share his/her desktop to allow participants to
see exactly what the presenter sees.
(For my presentation, I opted to share my screen as I had
videos to show participants and discovered that accessing videos is smoother
via desktop sharing that an uploaded document. Were I not sharing videos, I
would upload my presentation directly.)
·
Adobe Connect allows the audience to interact
with the presenter verbally and via text. The audience asks questions in real
time and receives the answers immediately.
·
Of some note, the presenter may either address
the audience using webcam feature, or he/she may upload a photograph. (I uploaded
a photo as there can be a ‘jumpiness’ to webcams that I personally find
distracting.)
Adobe connect really is as simple as the above four steps
indicate; it couldn’t be more user friendly!
I've presented via Cisco's Webex tool on prior occasions and
found it acceptable. However, Adobe Connect is visually more attractive than
Webex, and its interface with users can't be beat. The audio is clear and crisp
with only a few hiccups that may be more attributable to the individual's wireless
than Adobe Connect itself.
Overall, this is an exceptional tool for creating a social
interaction when a group cannot meet in person. It’s a necessity for any
business today that wishes to communicate in real time with business associates
in more than one location. Adobe Connect is cost effective and is a great
example of how the internet has changed commerce.
No comments:
Post a Comment